July 20, 2011

zinka!!

anyone who knows me
knows that I turn lobster within a matter of hours
if i'm out in the sun.

so my childhood was filled with more sunscreen
than most people can imagine.


and it was filled with
zinka!


me and my brother's cheeks and noses
were constantly covered with some neon color or another.


i thought those days were gone.
no more hot pink cheeks.
no more neon green nose.

bummer city.



not so.


mexico,
mexico is the answer.

they have every color of zinka imaginable
(including clear. lame)
in the small surf town of puerto escondido.






love.





3 comments:

  1. i just re-found the big ice cream and sunshine cartoon you did in my notebook. it made me smile. also, i like how this blends your love of small containers with multicolored contents with sunshine-time.

    i think your favorite color would be green? pink? not yellow. pink only if green was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I've been looking for this everywhere! Do you know which store this was? PLEASE let me know!
    Thanks heaps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i found zinka at the squalo in puerto escondido. but this was in august, so i'm not sure if they still have it. good luck!

    ReplyDelete