November 17, 2012

jump #3734

when i was younger
my best friend and i always 
talked about how we wanted to
go skydiving on our 18th birthday.


it was supposed to be a symbol 
of our freedom,
of our adulthood.




but, like so many things
when we are young,
these conversations were
forgotten as we aged.

my friend moved away
and went to a different high school.

i was a nerdy kid
who spent all her time
running or studying.


so my dream fell by the wayside.



it's not something i ever forgot,
but there was never a good time
or enough money
and so it remained on my to do list.


but a couple of months ago
my brother went skydiving
and this spurred me to tell rcg
of my long time desire.


i told him i wanted to 
go for my 28th birthday.


it was one of those idle things you say:
"let's hang out soon"
"we should do (something awesome) sometime"
"oh man, wouldn't be cool if we did ______?"


but he came through. 


and so we went skydiving.




unfortunately,
we didn't get pictures taken of us
during the actual jump
(for an extra $100 each,
it didn't seem worth it)
but it was an
amazing 
experience.










thanks rcg.
you make my dreams come true.






No comments:

Post a Comment