June 21, 2013

2013 -- week 24 -- a quick trip to williamsburg for a beautiful wedding weekend with friends.



even though we did some super cool things this week, like make platters at the sonoran glass school (!) and start our kickball season, for me, this week was dominated by our trip back to virginia. 



because i grew up there, and became an adult there, williamsburg holds a very special place in my heart. williamsburg is home. so having the opportunity to go back to the 'burg, to be able to bring rcg along, was crazy awesome. and then there was the even more amazing benefit of getting to see two of my best friends get married. 

the biggest bummer of the weekend? somehow, in all of the hub bub, i didn't get a picture of the bride and groom. but it was a lovely ceremony and a super fun reception. and they both looked awesome. 

thanks for giving me an excuse to return to williamsburg.

and an even bigger thank you for giving me the honor and privilege to be a part of your wedding. and to let us share in your joy and happiness. i'm so happy for you both. congratulations. 


ps. how amazing is this reading they asked me to do?

Song of Solomon 2:10-13; 8:6-7
My beloved speaks and says to me:
‘Arise, my love, my fair one,
  and come away;
for now the winter is past,
  the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth;
  the time of singing has come,
and the voice of the turtle-dove
  is heard in our land.
The fig tree puts forth its figs,
  and the vines are in blossom;
  they give forth fragrance.
Arise, my love, my fair one,
  and come away.
Set me as a seal upon your heart,
  as a seal upon your arm;
for love is strong as death,
  passion fierce as the grave.
Its flashes are flashes of fire,
  a raging flame.
Many waters cannot quench love,
  neither can floods drown it.
If one offered for love
  all the wealth of one’s house,
it would be utterly scorned.







No comments:

Post a Comment