March 28, 2013

52 lists -- week 12 -- list the things that feel like home




for the first 22 years of my life i lived in one place: virginia. most of that time i lived in northern virginia, but my time there was split between two houses. so for a long time, the idea of "home" for me was more about the physical house rather than the home within the house. and since graduating college i've done my fair share of moving around; most of which has happened in the last two years. so, again, the idea of "home" is a little bit hard for me articulate. that being said, there are definitely things in my life that are a part of my happy place -- thinking about them, experiencing them, or being near or in them make me breathe deeply and give me a sense of calm. they feel like how life should always be: peaceful, relaxing, and happy. i love that i've found things that represent home for me, even though i currently live so far away from the place i grew up. i still have these little pieces of home with me wherever i go, so that no matter where i am or who i'm with i can experience my "home".



what makes you think of home?



2 comments:

  1. beautiful list, i am loving reading people's varied take on the same theme! i only just discovered this project so will join in late at the party asap! great to find your blog xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your kind comments.
      and i hope you enjoy this little project as much as i do.
      sunshine and happiness, v

      Delete