March 6, 2013

music for the soul

every once in a while we hear a song that just speaks to us. something about the music or the lyrics hits home. it somehow says what we've been thinking but can't articulate. it's such a great feeling to know that someone else in the world is feeling the same way we are.
the other day i heard a song that i've listened to a million times, can't tell me by soldiers of jah army, and for some reason it just stuck with me. especially these lyrics:
you can't tell me who i am
cuz i'm working on that too.
what's right for me just ain't right for you.
 i can't really say why this particular song spoke to me this time, maybe it's because i feel like i'm a transitional phase and have been judging myself and my decisions, but it did. and i wanted to share it with you in the hopes that it speaks to you too.

what song(s) speak to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment