May 13, 2013

52 lists -- week 18 -- list the ways you're energized



as we get older it seems harder and harder to get going each day. and it gets easier and easier to take a copious number of naps. not that i ever had a problem doing that when i was younger. but now we actually have things to get done, responsibilities and what not. (boring.) so having a few activities that help rejuvenate and reenergize you are increasingly important.

for me, a nap is still the best option, because there is still nothing better than reseting your body to zero, and starting the day over again. but i have two other options that i really enjoy too -- a faceful of kitten belly and huge skeleton crushing bear hugs. a faceful of kitten belly is something akin to smelling a newborn baby; kitten bellies smell awesome, are super soft & fluffy, and just make your cares melt away. even though my kittenz can sometimes be tiny demons, they really do help me readjust my thinking, let go of my stress, and reenergize me. as for the bear hugs, there are no words that can explain how amazing a bone crushing bear hug can make me feel -- it's like all of my problems and stress are squeezed out of me, leaving me reenergized and ready to face the world again. and sometimes that's just what the doctor ordered.


how do you energize?

No comments:

Post a Comment